Saturday, April 27, 2013

CHIA seeds

My new fascination are Chia seeds. Firstly when I heard of them I got interested because they are supposed to help you get rid of toxins in your body and are full of important omega 3 fatty acids. But I became apprehensive when I understood that they become gel-like when you put them in water.

So when I first time tried them I put them to water and drank it as fast as possible :D, just to be sure I don't have to chew through gel like seeds. Already that same night I tried the gel and it was OK - not much taste, but nice crunchy (sesame seed like).

Now one of my favorite desserts is Chia seeds with cocoa powder and raspberries, blueberries etc. - delicious! Look in the recipes section. Also read more information on Chia seeds and go to your health store to get them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_hispanica



No comments:

Post a Comment